I'm Serene and I'm thrilled to meet you. I’m an international transformational wellness coach, motivational speaker and author. I coach people from all walks of life wanting to make breakthroughs in various aspects of their lives ranging from improving their self-esteem, health, prosperity, relationships and overall quality of lives. During the 9 years I spent teaching college students, my most memorable moments were the ones spent inspiring my students to believe in themselves. I ended up receiving commendations such as the Outstanding Tutor Award and Most Caring Teacher Award while I was with the Ministry of Education, Singapore. The passion I felt for this aspect of my career fuelled me towards a new direction with a single focus on the work I had grown to love—coaching.
From being invited by corporate powerhouses such as Salesforce (American cloud sourcing company ranked by Forbes as the world's Most Innovative Company for 5 consecutive years) to conduct wellness talks at their Success Business Seminars in Hong Kong and Singapore to coaching individuals who aspire positive transformations in their lives worldwide, being in the position to directly connect with individuals seeking change and working with them towards empowered living has been spectacular. I recently also had the incredible honour of co-authoring an upcoming book, ‘In The Spirit of Bliss: Inspiring Stories from Entrepreneurs Around the World’ along with Marc Victor Hansen (author of Chicken Soup for the Soul series), Brian Tracy (international speaker on business and success), Sandy Forster and Arielle Ford.
In short, nothing makes me happier than inspiring people to create a life they love.
A Little More About Me…
- I briefly worked as an Assistant Superintendent at a maximum security prison. This made me appreciate my freedom so much more than I ever did.
- I did tram-guiding for a year at the night safari and where I got to see Malayan Tigers, Indian elephants, Striped Hyenas and everything else lurking between the jungle bushes in close proximity at least 3 times a week. Magical moments indeed!
- I closely escaped the 2015 Nepalese earthquake, terrorist bomb explosions in Bangkok and typhoon in Taiwan all in the space of a year whilst travelling. I also survived from a white water rafting accident that same year where I almost drowned when I was trapped under the raft for a good few minutes. This made me more committed than ever to live out my life purpose.
- I graduated from the National University of Singapore with a 2nd Upper Honours Degree in Sociology before completing a Post-Graduate diploma in teaching. The study of the relationship between individuals and society has always fascinated me.
- I'm a devoted chocoholic and green smoothie lover. The latter has resulted in several blender explosions. I still think it’s worth the effort.
- I did a RYT 200 hr yoga training course in the birthplace of yoga, Rishikesh. Because of that, I got to taste some of the best vegetarian momos in the world. Because of that, I am also qualified to teach yoga.
- I consistently feel that I’m a child living in an adult’s body. While that may seem a little ludicrous at times, it has been one of my greatest strengths.